But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, “Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!” For amazement had seized him and all his companions because of the catch of fish which they had takenLuke 5:8–9
They had heard what Jesus had to say, they have had to adjust themselves to Jesus purposes and by doing so they are led out into that ‘deep’ place. It was here in that deep place that the message of Jesus lead them to a place of experience and encounter. This experience or encounter lead them to:
- Invite others into the blessing that they were experiencing (v7)
- Worship Jesus for who He was (v8)
- Recognize a greater awareness and need for Jesus (v8)
For Jesus pushing out into the deep was a calling to a deeper relationship and in return this newfound grace would give them a transforming future purpose for life.
- How do you invite others into the blessings of Jesus as you experience them?
- What ways do these blessings lead you to worship?
- What awareness and need do you have of Jesus today